2016年3月10日木曜日

Sports is What's Up!


Aloha,

     This month the topic is sports!  I love this topic but I am aware that not everyone is as enthusiastic about
sports as I am.  There is really not a sport I dislike.  I may not be familiar with cricket or field hockey but that is not to say that I don't like them.  By far my oldest infatuation is with the game of golf.  I have played golf nearly my entire life, but as of late I tend to play only around ten times a year.  At one point, through playing nearly 300 rounds a year, I rarely shot over 80.  I have to admit a player of any talent should probably have taken that opportunity and become one of those people who play golf for a living.  Unfortunately, my character didn't allow dreaming of that sort to take root and I constantly reminded myself of what I wasn't capable and that in turn became the reality that exists to this day, at least as far as golf is concerned.  I tried the Japan Professional Golf  Qualifier and failed miserably, the scars from that debacle never fully healing.

     Now I'm a 'will I break a hundred' standard duffer who chilly dips and shanks.  I can't say that I even enjoy the game much anymore but I'll be giving it a go once the snow melts and the greens thaw.  My son Kai has really taken to the game and I'd like to play together this year.

     Anyway, snowboarding season is not over yet.  The weather this weekend looks like it's going to be sunny.  I'll be doing what I usually do on sunny days in winter when lessons are off.

Sportingly,

Pato



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿