2015年7月4日土曜日

Sightseeing in Hokkaido



   I don't really consider myself to be a tourist when I'm walking around Shinkotoni or anywhere in Kita ward for that matter.  I will admit to feeling out of place on the other side of town though. Hiragishi, Makomanai, and Toyohira are just names to me.  Hokkaido is a rather large island compared to where I grew up and even after 20 years here, I occasionally find a place that has somehow eluded me.  Last weekend, I went to one of those places.
   Orofure Pass is a road that goes through some of the most scenic points I've ever been to in Hokkaido.  It is a winding, dangerous road that is closed during the winter months, at least during the night. I think Horohoro mountain, Shiratakidake, and Mt. Orofure are the mountains it  goes through from Lake Toya to Noboribetsu.  I started in Noboribetsu and went toward Lake Toya in the afternoon which, unfortunately, left me looking directly into the setting sun. I definitely think starting from Noboribetsu and heading toward Lake Toya in the morning will give you the optimal light for viewing the magnificent beauty of Hokkaido.







Touristly,

Pat

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿