2016年2月15日月曜日

The return of winter and birthdays

It's Monday again.  After an uncharacteristically warm day yesterday, the regular winter weather patterns seemed to have returned and I again feel confident that it is far too early to start imagining cherry blossoms, bicycles, or trailer camping.

This Monday is also a very big day for our family.  My one and only son has turned twenty-one today! Apparently he has taken the day off.  After a very long and challenging week in the studio last week, I suppose he needs the time to recharge a bit.

I could also use some time to recharge, but in fact, I'm coming off a four day weekend and what I really need to do is get my self charged and ready for the week. It's going to be a busy one.  All the kindergartens are on for this week and I need to come up with some fresh activities to enhance this week's topic, Body and Health.  The reality is that I woke up with a sore throat and a sour stomach, but I refuse to accept that I have anything and would like to believe it was something I ate or maybe just a bit of fatigue.

Anyway, when I try to think back to my 21st birthday, I remember being marginally happy playing golf and going to UH Hilo.  I was probably a little lighter and had a little more hair.  My back was definitely stronger.  Kai has all those things and more.  I wonder if he'll be around tonight for a birthday dinner...  Hitomi has been suffering from a bad stomachache, but seems to be doing a little better today.  Anyway... it's Monday...

Back to Work.

Lethargically,

Pat

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿