2012年2月12日日曜日

Book of the Week


I don't intend to make any excuses by telling you I have been reading so much I haven't been able to post.  I won't even rant on about mountain expeditions that I haven't been taking.  Anyway, it's cold today too and what's a better way to spend cold windy days than to escape with a good novel.  I was tipped off to a novel about China and the communist revolution by a very good English teacher who I have the pleasure of speaking to a few times a month...


The novel is based on the story of three generations of women.  Apparently this is written by the granddaughter.  The novel starts with the story of her grandmother, a concubine dealt out by her father, bound feet and all.  The story continues on to her mother who took part in the communist revolution.  The rest of the novel follows the granddaughter's (Chang's) life and involvement in the cultural revolution.

There is a Japanese version too. (日本語版もあります) I got the English version Junkudo.  I love that place...

Wildly,
pat

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿