2010年8月11日水曜日

Obon Holiday


I guess most people take a few days off in the summer here in Japan. I usually take a week off from lessons. Over half the kids and some of the adults can't come. This cause a pretty big disruption when everyone scrambles for make-up lessons. There isn't really anything for me to do during overpriced and overcrowded Obon. It's Wednesday and I am here at my desk as usual. Only difference is I haven't shaved, I'm wearing shorts, and I'm thinking about going for a drive if the weather improves. My son Kai was supposed to have a tennis match today and I was really looking forward to watching him compete, but it looks as though it has been cancelled.
I had big plans! I bought the new version of Home Page Builder and mad a few attempts at a page. It's not bad, but I don't have it under control quite yet. I also want to finish up the kids videos. I should probably do that before I forget what little I managed to learn about Movie Maker. Software is getting easier to use, I admit, but mastering it is another story it seems. Finally, THINK TRIVIA is my new motto. I have discovered there is a lot of flexibility within this trivia theme to teach some useful patterns for communication.
I'll report back when I have something worth saying.

Apologetically,
Pat

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿